Employers are required by law to have certain workplace policies in place at work. The policies that employers must have include the following:
- A Workplace Health and Safety Policy
- A Workplace Violence and Harassment Policy
- An Accessibility Policy
- A Pay Equity Plan (employers with 10 or more employees).
While not required, there are other policies that employers are well advised to have in place, including:
- A Drug & Alcohol Policy (updated to address medical and non-medical cannabis)
- A Social Media Policy
- An Investigations Policy
- A Human Rights Policy
- An Accommodation Policy;
- An Absenteeism Policy; and
We Can’t Wait to Meet You!